Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Snow Day!

Today is the 4th snow day of the week! :) I'll just tell you what has gone on all week...

Monday-snow day #1: I woke up at 6 am (just so I could be up for safety patrol). I watched an episode of Full House and got ready. It was 7 am, and Mom hadn't woken up and I had to be at school by 7:15. I went into Mom's room and asked her why she wasn't up (I hadn't looked outside yet). She said there was a snow day and they called at 5:30. She didn't even bother to tell me!!!

Tuesday-snow day #2: Today was a little different...my alarm clock went off at 6 am, again. But I accidently hit the snooze button instead of the dismiss button. I didn't wanna hear it again so I turned the alarm off. I guess I didn't wake up, so I find myself waking up at 8:30...I slept in!

Wednesday-school day #1: I knew we wouldn't have had a snow day today, but I was hoping we wouldn't have a snow day. I was supposed to have a basketball game that was supposed to be Tuesday. We didn't do much at school. It was just a regular day, though I think Mr. Anderson should be a life coach... When we had our basketball game, I really played hard! I've got the defense down, but I need to do better in offense. I think the rest of our team does. We're not doing well in our shooting. We also had two of our best point guards get hurt.

Thursday (today)- snow day #3- Well, I haven't done much today. I slept in today, too...8:45!! :)


A couple days ago, I gave the recipe for my Dr. Suess cupcakes and I found a good Red Velvet Cake recipe the day I posted the cupcake idea but never got around to posting the recipe. So here ya go:

Ingredients:
  • 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened, divided
  • 1 1/2 cup Breakstone's sour cream
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1 (18.25 ounce) box (2-layer size) red velvet cake mix
  • 1/3 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
Instructions:
  • Heat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
  • Beat 2 oz. cream cheese and sour cream in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add egg whites and cake mix; mix well.
  • Pour into 2 (9-inch) round pans sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
  • Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
  • Cool 10 minutes remove from pans. Cool completely.
  • Meanwhile, beat remaining cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and sugar with mixer until well blended. Refrigerate.
  • Fill and frost cake layers with frosting.
**Use recipe for cupcakes, but obviously, without the frosting.**

No comments: